Welcome to the home of Grey Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREY HORIZON - A Raiding Guild on Tunare

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Sarkus
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Hallo all

These rules are:

-ALL joining the guild People ..........new or returning Player........MUST write an application and apply to guild
-ANYONE who is not logged in for 7 months will be kicked out of guild by Sarkus
-ANYONE who has not attend a raid for 7 months  will LOOSE ALL DKP
-ANYONE who says bad,insulting things to other guild People in guild or raid Chat will be warned ONCE............if continued kicked out of raid and 100 dkp punishment

Cya
Troll Marshall Sarkus
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm

No Aul , I Said that KNOWING that fact, CAUSE of those people. An this rule just starting. Im just saying plz the Reason for rules was to clarify all situations,  all this rule did was leave another set of circumstances that will be taken case by case. 

If he added certain situations may not apply up to leader disgression. By all means perfect, that covers all basis. I just wanna avoid a huge blow up, when this happens again an these rules are ignored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:05 am

Discretion, not digression. And this is all one sided. There is an air of elitism by the officers that is abounding. The penalty is not the concern but rather the enforcement of the rule by certain officers who prefer the title power versus the power of respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Differentiate offensive verses trash talk.
I see lots of trash talk in /gu.  I personally have not seen anything deserving of a dock while I'm on and Sarkus not.  The whole bad/insulting thing is subjective.
Me, personally, I don't offend easily.  I take it where it's coming from.  When I don't respect someone, they can call me every name in the book and I could care less.
Then people sit in guild chat and shit talk oh you offend me 100dkp punishment.  It is all really a joke to you guys and I see no point.
As for not wanting to be the bad guy...again, I don't care how people view me.  I try to only be fair.  THAT is my objective.  I will not punish willy nilly.  There has to be a REAL reason and if there is, it will not be relevant if you are my friend or not.  I will punish who deserves it.
~Aulu~
Back to top Go down

Sudz
Applicant
Applicant

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:47 am

These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Obama-meme-generator-guess-what-no-one-gives-a-shit-736928
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 pm

This is the problem made by the current circumstances in EQ. Tormi has a point in that this is raiding guild and it should be your priorty at all times WHEN YOU ARE LOGGED INTO EQ. Unfortunitely my raiding % sucks due to  RL and yes it does bother me alot that i cant raid, but RL before EQ 100% of the time.

But as Kindoz said RL issues pop up and to penalize someone for that is just wrong. But that person just doesnt have to disappear it takes like 1 minute to post to Sarkus you will be gone for sometime please hold spot for me. But if sick and cant it no brainer you welcome back. Just remember all that EQ has changed, there arent enough 100% attendance raiders anymore to raid consistantly, so the people that balance RL and EQ life are just as important as the ones that raid 100% are, cause without those people you cant raid anyway.

This is a game and shouldnt be made to feel like a job, so all have fun but please remember to repect all others in guild cause all are here for the same purpose, to have fun.
Back to top Go down
Daura
Daura

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 2:39 pm

I offer to make it my job to contact absent guild members via email, if they have been absent for more than 4 months to find out whats going on.  Once I find out...I will post it in the Officer section of the forums, so Sarkus knows why each are absent(those who answer the email, that is).

This will give the member a gentle reminder that we would love to seem him or her back with us, and a reminder that he/she will lose membership if they continue to miss raids for much longer.....this also gives them 90 days to decide whether they want to come back or not...

This will also give Sarkus time to decide if the reason is valid enough to give an extension if they need/ask for one.  And it will give Sarkus a place to refer to when he decides its time to do some roster cleaning...

I would not be looking for detailed reasons...I wont be posting the whole message..  Just the reason you are absent for so long.  (for example: Health, Death in family, finances tight, Military deployment, etc, etc)

Will this help at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:13 pm

/cheer Daura
Back to top Go down
Rosiecotton
Rosiecotton

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I think this post needs to be re-visited.  Officers are not following these rules - Darkman booted Tormi today from the guild.  Nowhere in these rules does it say officers can just boot people they don't like for speaking up in guild chat (especially when it's not raid time, and ESPECIALLY without consulting Sarkus).  You think someone is being disruptive, warn them.  They're still disruptive, dock their DKP - that's what the rules say. If the officers are not following the rules, why should the members?  Our officers need to be role models, not bullies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mhamill430
Ellmadar
Ellmadar

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Ok , I know that there are officers who do not get along with certain players and vice versa.  But really one officer should not have the right to kick out a player without due process, and honestly Sarkus will just invite them back if they do.  I would not want a officer who did not like me to be on their own to boot me out of the guild and I am sure at one time or another several wish they could. That being said , I was not on and I have no idea what transpired and frankly I don't really even care, if it was bad enough to boot someone it should be done not in heat of the moment but later on after it has been discussed with Sarkus and really just maybe some guild members too. I like Darkman and Tormi both for different reason so I am not picking one over the other but there are better ways to handle when someone pisses you off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 am

Further more I just noticed i was docked last week for -10 dkp for " being disrespectful in guild " I got no warning i got nothing, i didnt even know i was fucking docked tell just today.
I AM SORRY THE REASON I SAY THE THINGS I DO IS BECAUSE OF THIS BULLSHIT RIGHT HERE.

How the hell does ONE person have the power to decide when they can dock someone and when they don't ?????????????????????
An officer can kick me anytime they want to because i ask someone else why they leech on raids and go AFK? Why isn't everyone asking this question?????????????????

Not but last week Rhayzer logged on and laid into Kindoz for a good SOLID HOUR, no one said a thing, in fact it was me that finally asked him to stop because i like Rhayzer and he respects me enough to listen. ONLY ME AND FOSSIL DEFENDED KINDOZ AND GOT RHAYZER TO STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE REASON I DO AND SAY the stuff i do. ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR AND I WONT STAND FOR IT. WHY WOULD I ? and better yet, WHY WOULD YOU?

How many times have you seen me say Good job to guys on raids when we do well? Do you think you would ever here me bitch if it wasn't because some unfair shit is going down?

I lay into guys that go afk on raids , or continue to wipe us OVER AND OVER again. Or get loot than quit or dont log on for months. 

Is it because maybe i actually fucking care about this guild??? I mean if i didn't fucking care wouldn't i just turn on anonymous and level my 4 alts and ignore new recruits and members when they ask for help. 

Here's a question, why did delphaex send me tells about grimjow being afk on raids i wasnt at? Why is he not going to an officer and talking to them , why does he not go to the FUCKING RAID LEADER? WHY? Because besides abusing power OFFICERS DONT DO MUCH AT ALL in fact they ignore new members like the plague, they offer no open communication or help of any kind. I DO that's why they come to me, I ACTUALLY HELP THEM.

I will never be cool with people going AFK on raids, i give up my family time to raid with you people. I wont EVER BE OK WITH SUCK AND AFK and if that's a problem than i don't want to be in Grey Horizon. But again the better question is why would you want to raid with people that go AFK and shit on you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:37 am

I have not been on very much in the last few weeks other than logging in when I could raid.  It seems however, that in Grey Horizon for whatever reason there are many conflicts that go on between players almost constantly, and I do not see all of those members being kicked from guild.  I was not online when Tormi was deguilded but it saddens me to lose a another strong player.  The only person doing any deguilding should be Sarkus. 

Samthena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Perhaps I should have posted here but I posted under Grimm's application thread. Tormi, I hope you are coming back ... and soon. Yes, you got a bit hot under the collar (I wish you wouldn't use that f-word so much because it loses impact by the 10th iteration in each sentence) ... but you were right to speak up. And, it is difficult to know who or where to speak up on these issues. No, I don't think that you should have been kicked from the guild ... as pointed out by Rosie, that 'penalty' for being 'insulting' isn't in the new rules. Hope it all gets straightened out quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rapor-DKP KING
Rapor-DKP KING
Officer-Admin
Officer-Admin

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 am

The rules say.
 ANYONE who says bad,insulting things to other guild People in guild or raid Chat will be warned ONCE............if continued kicked out of raid and 100 dkp punishment.
Tormi was docked once already for the same offense on 1/26/14.
Was Tormi docked the DKP this time,if not,why??
Back to top Go down
Ellmadar
Ellmadar

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:31 am

The problem is Rapor as I stated before officers do not enforce this rule across the board, folks get away with tons of shit that is still never being called out. If officers start using this rule only on those folks who they do not like then what we have is an even worse problem then folks being abusive to each other.
Back to top Go down
Rapor-DKP KING
Rapor-DKP KING
Officer-Admin
Officer-Admin

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:48 pm

That's why this guild is so disorganized.The officers don't act like officers....nor do they get any respect !!! And even through the rules were rewritten and post people still cry  Sad when the rules are upheld.
Say what you want I warn and I punish,I don't care who it is.
Exception Sarkus.
Back to top Go down
lucasp
lucasp

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:06 pm

I knew these wouldnt last long
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014   These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

These NEW RULES take effect since 1.1.2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2