Welcome to the home of Grey Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREY HORIZON - A Raiding Guild on Tunare

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serious Lag Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am

Wander if anyone else having issues with serious lag. I for one have not had any problems with lag until recently. Beast, Sarith, Valley, all seem to lag me big time, but other raids i have no lag at all. I'm also getting lag spikes where there are several seconds that go buy before I see reaction, like hitting assist, attack and so on. Like I said never been an issue, the servers overloaded???

Eddieg
Back to top Go down

Gaaretjax

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Make sure journal logging didn't get turned on somehow.
Back to top Go down
Daura
Daura

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:51 am

I had that problem when I entered zones with High ceilings. Unfortunately ALL of VoA has high ceilings...there is an adjustment you can make in your Options that will reduce the lag caused by those high ceilings....

and if all else fails....turn your clip plane down to about 70%, and switch player names to show first names only. Make sure your grass is off, your sky is set to simple. Theres some other settings you can do to reduce video lag...perhaps someone can walk you through them in game sometime...(catch me before raids start and I can)

Daura

Back to top Go down

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Having lag issues that cause my spell gems to not refresh. It seems to get worse as the raiding goes on. Sorry, I didn't stay at raids yesterday but when computer was completely frozen I was too frustrated to log back in. I will see what I can figure out to make lag better and try and join next weeks raids.

Samthena
Back to top Go down

ramine

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: new router   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 am

Alcon,

Hello everyone with lag issues.
how do you pull up your journal logs also I purchased a new router netgear top seller from bestbuys. 
I had to use the gift card a rice cooker or router, we will see.

please any constructive comments welcomed.

ramine

02:47:04
2014-02-10
Back to top Go down

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Ramine .. logs have been (at least, helping to) cause my freeze issues lately I think. Since I am running Windows 8 and therefore seeing the directory structure easily is convoluted, I started going through the initial log on screen in EQ to get to my logs and rename/move/delete them. If I use the search function in Win 8, it opens the log in notepad which is fine for reading but not for getting rid of them. I have found that it may be necessary to delete them as much as twice a night or I get frozen up and can't do a thing in game (and often can't even log out or reboot my system for over an hour sometimes). Not sure if that is what you are referring to .. but that is what I do to find my (eqcharname) logs (which I often have running in order to use Gina).
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Serious Lag Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Lag Issue   Serious Lag Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Lag Issue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the home of Grey Horizon :: Grey Horizon - Information :: General Chit-Chat-